BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Touch by Sex and the City

Season 2, Episode 1,


Time flies and the lost of interest had led me to hiatus. Well now I'm back for a new season with a new layout! It is great to be back and write after a long procrastination.

Sex and the city, surprisingly it still had its charm to catch my attention. I admit at first I was attracted by the fame, exaggerate story line, clothes, and the beautiful scenery portrayed in the trailer. So, I went to cinema without knowing exactly what to expect. I guessed it would be just another typical American movie.

After 2 hours plus of the movie, I am touched. Not by all those mentioned above, but the veil behind all the luxurious - Friendship of the quarttro and the importance of respect in every relationship. Shame on me for leaving out the possibility that the story of four main characters in the movie may be emotionally triggering to me.

There are few scenes that touches me deeply. When Samantha announced that she is been invited to go Abu Dhabi for free and the only reason for her to agree is her 3 best friends are coming with her and their expenses are covered as well. That moment is so moving and magical. This pure friendship that whatever good things happen, there is always the desire to share with best friends. I think to myself, who would do what Samantha did in reality? The most probably answer would be 'Okay I'm in! When should I depart?'. Although Samantha is provocative, she puts her best friends in the utmost position. The scene where they sang on stage at a bar at Abu Dhabi and Samantha turns down a hot guy who she admire because it was ladies night. Her 3 best friends are giving her a questioning remark, and what she replied is another highlight - 'Men, babies, doesn't matter. We are soul mates.' I was awe and envy. That statement is so strong that my heart melts. She really is my favourite character. Another scene where they have been forced to leave Abu Dhabi due to Samantha's sex scandal and upon leaving the hotel, Carrie discovered her passport was left at the flee market shoe counter. She wanted to get it back herself and once again Samantha touches me. 'Like we will leave you in the middle of Abu Dhabi. We are coming with you.' She replied.

Great moments are never limited in this movie. They are not just sharing good things together but bad things as well. The scene where Miranda had a little talk with Charlotte about how stressful it is taking care of kids (take a sip!), everyone are up when Samantha called to inform them she had been caught and they went through all the troubles with her, and everyone are there for Carrie when she wants to talk about the kiss between she and her ex. They are always there for each other, giving honest advices and opinions without hurting their feelings.

I love how they respect each other even though they have disagreements. Charlotte though that Carrie meeting with her ex as playing with fire but Carrie do not bother. At the end, they both apologize for being harsh on each other. Carrie's husband bought her a diamond ring after she told him about the kiss incident and go to the premiere with her even though he is tired. He respect her honesty and the way she handle things.


It is a great movie. I guess small things touch the most.

0 comments: